Rocklin Manufacturing Blog


Posted by Ross Rocklin in Rocklin Mfg on 7/8/2019

After nearly three years of extensive planning and renovating, our 1912 home is now officially historic! Believed to be the last active industrial building that supported both world wars in the state of Iowa, it’s a building steeped with historical significance, and we’re proud to call it home. Here are a few important milestones in its 107-year life:

  • 1912: Building first constructed, served as the original home of Sioux Tools
  • 1941: Rocklin Manufacturing first moved in, focusing on WWII production
  • 1960s: Operation primarily shifted to adjoining buildings; building sat largely vacant for ~50 years
  • 2005: 32x40 foot mural added to the south wall, memorializing company’s WWII support and its founder, IJ Rocklin
  • 2016: Planning began for historic restoration effort
  • 2018: Restoration into state-of-the-art facility completed; dedicated to the memory of the company’s second-generation owner, Jim Rocklin
  • 2019: Official listing on National Register of Historic Places

For more info on our company’s 85-year history, an interactive look can be found here.

 

Tags: National Register of Historic Places , GSA , History

« Back